Welcome to 50!

Turning 50 is a monumental event. I always imagined that at half a century I would be a wise, strong, balanced, kind, confident and powerful woman who had it all figured out.

As it turns out - I'm the same person I've always been. Getting to 50 is the same as getting to any age of your life. Just trying to be the best person you can be.

Cheers! G

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Fuzzy Wuzzy Wuz a Bear

When I'm struggling with the bad blues, I can't seem to write at all. I tend to hide out in my cave like a wounded bear - but then it's hard to come out and re-join the fray. However, I realized the other day that one positive thing I can say for myself is that I keep trying. Not that I really have any choice in the matter, but I have resolved to teach myself to think more positively. No empty repetition of happy-face phrases, no 'I am good enough!', 'I deserve love!', 'I am special!'. That kind of false silliness only serves to depress me more. But, at this point in my life I believe that our brains really do have the power to run our lives, and I have been running mine down the darkest, scariest paths. 12 days until I turn 49 - and my fondest wish is that this coming year I spend traveling paths with much more light, more laughter and more joy. Think positively and optimistically, and live those thoughts and the resulting actions with consistency and sometimes dogged determination. This is what will make the last year of my forties a good one. See you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment